GWP has more than 20 years of experience in the investigation of pyrotechnic safety systems. In addition to damage analyses on automotive safety systems, GWP also offers comprehensive analytical services for qualification and compliance testing of pyrotechnic formulations for use in safety systems - including environmental simulations.
GWP's laboratories and workshops test, among other things.
- Airbags: modules and gas generators (inert gas, hybrid, pyrotechnics)
- Seat belt pretensioners
- Igniters / squibs
Our expertise includes:
- Separating emblems (e.g. on cover of a driver airbag module): energetic material, short-term dynamics, material technology (plastics, plastics processing), fracture surface evaluation, thermal-chemical investigation
- Cold embrittlement of a pressure vessel: materials engineering (metallic materials, plastics), X-ray analysis, 3D computed tomography, short-term dynamics, environmental simulation
- Detection of installed inert components
- Novel manufacturing processes (e.g. welding processes): short-term dynamic behavior, stress response, environmental simulation, 3D computed tomography, materials testing (metallography, microsection examination, tensile and strength tests)
- Expert opinion on research projects (appraisals, reviews)