Missuse and Abuse Tests
We simulate extreme loads in order to characterize entire modules or batteries with regard to safety and quality requirements.
Abuse tests help our customers in development and manufacturing. With our test benches we are able to simulate extreme scenarios and perform missuse and abuse tests of entire lithium-ion battery systems up to 180kWh.
Our offer includes
- Testing of complete e-vehicle systems (partly fire tests)
- Penetration of nails
- Short circuit
- Thermal stability
- Gas analysis
We test according to customer-specific specifications or standardized test series such as:
- ECE R100
- UN 38.3
- VDE-AR-E 2510-50:2017-05
Laboratory equipment GWP BATTERY TESTING HOUSE in Geslar:
- Abuse test chambers with downstream flue gas cleaning system.
- Large high-temperature test chamber up to 1300 °C (dimensions: 3 x 2.5 x 3 m³)
- Small high-temperature test chamber up to 1300 °C (dimensions: 1.5 x 1.2 x 2.5 m³)
- Test chamber with quenching and flooding function (dimensions: 5.9 x 2.4 x 2.4 m³)
As a full-range supplier of materials technology, our customers benefit from the entire range of services offered by GWP. This enables us to fully analyze different battery types and battery components in terms of structure, strength and material composition.
Our materials laboratories thus allow the complete analysis of batteries and individual components such as electrodes, electrolyte, intermediate layers, separators, housings, connectors, coatings, etc.).