Industrial Computed Tomography: Automotive
GWP is a CT service provider for the automotive industry. With our 2D X-ray inspection and 3D computed tomography capabilities, we offer our customers non-destructive testing of typical automotive components.
In quality assurance, development or failure analysis, industrial computed tomography (CT) offers a reliable inspection of defects, internal structure as well as geometric measurements.
Typical applications are:
- Verification of voids and pores in castings
- Geometric measurements of internal structures e.g. on pyrotechnical systems
- Analysis of wall thicknesses
- Localization of internal defects, e.g. on battery modules
- Radiography of plastic injection molded parts or encapsulated components
- Investigation of contacts, joints, packages, insulators and other electromechanical assemblies
- Characterization of fiber composites (fiber angle analysis)
- Evaluation of foam structures
With the 2D X-RAY INSPECTION we offer unerring defect detection in real time. High-resolution 2D images often already provide sufficient information, the examination is fast and economical and is therefore primarily suitable for series monitoring (e.g. assembly control).
3D computed tomography offer non-destructive analysis of complex internal and external geometries. µ-CT also allows high-resolution imaging of the 3D volume with detail detectability in the µm range. The results also offer geometry comparison, such as nominal/actual comparison with color-coded 3D visualization of deviations.