- In the ballistic bomb, pressure curves of up to 1,000 bar are measured on propellants ignited according to the GWP method.
- A pressure-dependent burning rate is determined from the pressure curves (Fraunhofer ICT Method).
- From the burning rate, conclusions can be drawn about the nature of the propellant and the internal pressure in gas generators.
Chamber pressure measurements
- Via a measuring hole, drilled from the outside, it is possible to record the internal pressure curve of a gas generator during the burn using a piezo pressure sensor.
- Additionally, the pressure curve can be recorded in a 60L tank.
- During the triggering, the ignition current and ignition voltage are also recorded.